- Jeffrey Tucker at Laissez Faire Books on How the Government Ruined the Gas Can. It’s an excellent exploration of how government bureaucrats ruin pretty much everything.
- William Grigg at ProLiberate writes If Cops Can’t Taze a Pregnant Woman, The Terrorists Will Win. He tells the story of a pregnant woman who was tazed by the cops for refusing to sign a traffic ticket. In the inevitable lawsuit the police have claimed that refusing them a license to torture people for minor offenses will lead to the end of civilization.
- In Waiting for the Collapse Bayou Renaissance Man writes about the inevitability of our coming economic collapse. Unlike me, he also gives some good advice on preparation.
- Radley Balko never fails to get my blood pressure up. In Another Highway Robbery he writes about cops in Tennessee robbing an innocent man of $22,000 just because the could. They’re eating their seed corn these days, it seems.
- Even in nursing homes you can’t escape government torture. Over at Reason Mike Riggs reports on the DEA’s War on Nursing Home Pain Patients. I can’t wait for those treasonous bastards to get old.
- B. Daniel Blatt gives us a look at how thoroughly California is screwing itself by being so unfriendly to business.
- Divemedic writes on Facebook co-founder Saverin is Unfriending the United States. Can’t blame him, really.